Arts Development Officer
South Gippsland is a place like no other. We have a diverse community and economy set in a magnificent natural environment. We serve our people with genuine well-meaning and strive always to deliver the best outcomes we can.
We are passionate about building and sustaining a great workplace, principled leadership, and providing great opportunities. Our values are present in what we do and how we do it. With a renewed focus on innovation and collaboration, valuing difference and a belief that teams can achieve amazing things, there is a lot to look forward to.
We want to genuinely make a difference to the lives of all those who touch our community, and be part of creating ‘a great place for us’.
- Ongoing Full Time
- $81,489 annual salary + 9.5% super
- Great working culture and team environment
Are you looking for an opportunity to play an integral part in our dynamic Community Strengthening team? Are you creative, proactive and confident to take the lead in the implementation of Council's new Arts, Culture and Creative Industry strategy?
This role will see you:
- Provide specialist assistance to the South Gippsland creative arts industry sector in developing and promoting arts and cultural activity.
- Coordinate, manage and facilitate the delivery of arts and cultural events, forums and networks
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate the delivery of skills development and training activities for arts organisation's, individual artists and creative industry businesses
- Working with a range of Council teams to support South Gippsland's creative sector.
So what will you need to succeed in this exciting position? You will have:
- Prior experience in an arts, cultural or creative industry development role,
- Experience working with volunteer arts based organisations and businesses
- Knowledge of key statewide arts and cultural organisations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage a wide range of stakeholders and potential partners
- A proactive approach in achieving project deadlines
- The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- The ability and willingness to undertake some work in the evenings and weekends.
In return, we offer a great working culture and a collaborative team environment as well as exposure to South Gippsland Shire’s range of employee benefits, including training & development opportunities, flexible working conditions and exciting health & wellbeing initiatives.
For more information on this role please refer to link Arts Development Officer PD
Enquiries to Ned Dennis, Coordinator Community Strengthening on 03) 5662-9200.
Applications close Sunday 1 October 2017.
To apply, please complete the online application form below including responding to the selection criteria questions. You will also be required to upload your resume and cover letter.
South Gippsland Shire Council is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Employees and Volunteers undergo screening processes prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the South Gippsland Shire Council Child Safety Plan.